Random Chapter chooser
Can't decide which chapter to read?
We don’t intend you to read this book from cover to cover. It’d be nice if you read the introductory text first, but we won’t be too upset if you don’t. We’d like you to dip into the book instead and discover new things. Pick a chapter at random and see what you find – try one of our random chapter choosers!
Either click on the "Chapter Chooser" link above, or print out the image below and fold into a chatterbox.
- Print or copy and cut round the outside of chatterbox
- Fold in half and in half again
- Open out, turn over so top is blank and fold each corner into the middle
- Turn over and repeat so the numbers are folded into the middle
- Turn over and slide your thumb and your finger behind 2 of outer pieces and press together so they bend round and touch
- Turn over and repeat with the thumb and finger of the other hand for the other two outer flaps
- The ‘Only Connect …’, ‘traveller’, and ‘mapmaker’ text and images should now be at the front with centres touching.
- Decide on a word - traveller or mapmaker.
- Make one movement of the chatterbox for each letter as you spell out that word.
- Choose one of the numbers revealed.
- Make that number of movements of the chatterbox.
- Choose another number – that reveals which chapter(s) you should read next.